Mushrooms and Yeast – Immune Support
We’ve all heard the news! Wash your hands often, keep your hands off your face, self isolate as much as possible, and this too shall pass.
Let’s look at 5 ways to boost your immune system:
- Do you like mushrooms? Baker’s yeast, shiitake and reishi mushrooms are often found in herbal medicine as ways to improve and boost your immune system. They go to work, looking for trouble, and work together to prime your immune cell’s ability to support your health effectively.
- How much rest are you getting? I’m noticing a lot more people are staying close to home these days. How are you taking advantage of your down time? Perhaps get to bed earlier, wake up later, take a nap, or spend time meditating or contemplating. Perhaps Melatonin would help?
- Are you feeling worried, getting caught up in the social media spiral; a change of state is in order. Stop! Spend some time listing 3 things you are grateful for. Perhaps make an agreement with yourself that you won’t get out of bed when you wake up until you’ve listed at least 3 things to have an attitude of gratitude about.
- Find a good book, a movie or music that makes you feel good. The body really does enjoy and get an increased dose of dopamine and other “feel-good” hormones when we are happy. All we have is the NOW. What can you do right NOW to feel just a little happier?
- Are you eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables? If you need some comfort food — ice cream perhaps, load up first with a helping or two of fresh fruit. After eating it, don’t eat anything else for 20 minutes, which is the time it takes most fruit to leave the stomach. Then get that scoop of ice cream, if you still want it, and savor every bite of it.
- Here’s a bonus — What are some of the ways you stay in touch with your family and friends? When my kids call, I will drop everything to get to the phone — nothing beats the sound of my kids voices over the phone. Maybe a phone call would be too much. Maybe a “<3” on their Facebook post is not enough. And maybe a message on social media would be just right. Whatever you choose, do it! Your feel good hormones will love you for it and so will your immune system.
What are you doing to improve your immune system?
Check out this link to find one of the products we recommend that contain these powerful mushrooms.